Monday, February 25, 2013

Easy Vegan Pizza

The new shift in my lifestyle has been to cut out avoid sugar, dairy, processed flour and meat. This has been a gradual adjustment, over the last year and a half, in my quest to eat clean. I have chronic back pain, and discovered that eliminating foods that cause inflammation is very helpful. I say avoid, as opposed to cut out because my one concession is fish that I will eat on occasion (especially our weekly sushi date!). My family has been incredibly understanding and accommodating, and this past weekend, my amateur pizza chef husband made his famous crust. We always cook the pizzas on our Weber kettle barbecue outside - you can get the coals super hot, creating the perfect pizza oven.


I dressed mine with no sauce or cheese, just a simple brushing of olive oil on the crust and then piled it with fresh organic arugula, organic roasted grape tomatoes (halved) and roasted cauliflower. Next time I think I'll add a drizzle of chili oil to give it a kick.


So easy. So delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...