Thursday, February 28, 2013

Yay or Nay: a clear take on Eames


I work for a local high-end custom furniture manufacturer. We also handle classic modern restorations, and honestly, that is one of my favorite aspects of the job. I love seeing the vintage pieces that have been handed down to sons and daughters (sometimes, oftentimes, neglected over the years) come in in dire need of TLC, and we can completely transform it back to its' original splendor. Nothing beats seeing the expression on the clients faces when they come back to pick up the finished piece.

One of my favorite pieces is the Eames LCW chair. It's definitely on my list of covetable items; there's just something about the casual nuance there, sitting in the corner of a bedroom, completely unassuming, but always practical and beautiful. I just came across a clear version of this chair, reminiscent of Philippe Starck's ghost chair, but wrong. Just, wrong. Thoughts? Am I alone on this? I hope not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...