Sunday, March 3, 2013

Outfitting a new office

I'm moving into a new office at the day job, and since I am such a visual person, of course I'm already designing it in my head. I'll be leaving my coveted marble top Florence Knoll desk at the front, and inheriting a regular desk with drawers toward the back. I'll miss my Knoll desk immensely (it's gorgeous), but I'll finally have drawers (a necessity). This is what I'm thinking I need to outfit the new digs:

I'll miss the natural light I currently have, and even though my new office has a window, it still will be lacking some brightness. I'm going to remedy that with some bright desk accessories, like (1) this ruler, (4) these scissors and this (5) awesome Jambox wireless speaker. And really, who doesn't need a set of Le Pens (3)? I'll still be coordinating all the marketing and social networking for the company, but since I really want to amp it up, I plan to use a big calendar (2) to map out our strategy and editorial dates. I'm going to be relinquishing my administrative role and taking on the job of project manager, so I'm going to go old school and invest in a big whiteboard (7) to keep track of all our large scale restoration and manufacturing projects. When that late afternoon slump hits, I'll stave it off with a hot cup of freshly brewed green tea in this double walled cup(6).

I can't wait - it's going to be a big challenge, and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants, but I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I find laying out my space and organising so important. Good luck!

    Fashion Dawgs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...